Friday, June 21, 2013

Blowin' up!

Trust me, it's not as exciting as it sounds...

I was inspired by the plethora of yummy veggies available in the Gunnison grocery store yesterday (it puts the CB store's selection to utter SHAME), so I decided I'd drive back there today in my car to pick up some delicious produce.  There and back, a quick trip.  Well...that was the plan.

Right around Almont, halfway between Crested Butte and Gunnison, my car began to vibrate roughly. Then, I heard a loud POP and my car jerked a bit.  I glanced in my rearview mirror, thinking maybe I'd dislodged a rock from my undercarriage or something random and unheard of like that, but I couldn't see anything behind me.  Then I heard a high-pitched whistle, and I knew.  My tire.  Losing air.



                                                                            Shit.

I pulled over on the side of the highway and called: my dad in case he was in his cabin around the corner (no such luck, he was in CB having lunch), roadside assistance, and finally Steve letting him know that I was ok.  The mechanic was supposed to be there within 45 minutes, but was a bit late.  At least it gave me time to call the tire shop in a town Montrose.  Luckily I have a deal with National Tire and Battery that will patch or replace my tire for free if the flat happens within the first year of owning my new tires.  Nice, right?  Well, in order to make good on that deal I have to drive an hour and a half away to the sister store tomorrow.  Sigh...good thing I didn't have anything better to do...not!  I could have found infinite number of things I'd rather do out here. :)

Once the mechanic got to me he swapped my tire out pretty fast.  He'd brought his older chocolate lab named Winnifred with him in his pick up.  She kept me company while the tire was swapped out, sweetheart.  Before too long he was finished, and I stubbornly went on ahead to grocery shop.  As expected, the selection was far and away better than the CB store, and I found everything I needed.

Safely back in CB I met a sweet couple and their puppy, Mosely from Texas who've relocated to Colorado Springs.  It seems the puppies have been strategically placed in my way to cheer me up today.      They brought me smiles.  :)  I had another reason to smile today, too.  I spoke to my sweet husband and my bff on Skype.  Lucky gal. <3

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Bummer! Is it silly I'm glad you finally made it to the grocery store though?? hahahaha :D

    And, seriously, that lab is so adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke, I'm so glad I got those groceries! It's the only thing that made it worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete