Thursday, June 27, 2013

Killin' time

It's been a bit uneventful around here for the past few days.  I've been learning the ropes at the ASC.  On Tuesday we had a meeting with all of the interns, the Volunteer Coordinator named Pat, and Brynn the Group Coordinator.  It was a rundown of how the office works, including a complicated Excel chart that documents each participant's information and all of the programs he/she goes on.  For some participants that means dozens of programs each year.  With over 500 clients, that's a looooot of information to put into a document.  I should be up in the office helping out a few times a week.

I've been looking into getting a mountain bike while I'm up here.  It seems that the number one sport of choice here is mountain biking, so it seems a good time to start up.  Another way to meet people, I suppose.  However.  I cannot seem to find a used mountain bike in CB or Gunnison to save my life! Everyone seems to be happily riding their bikes around until the end of time...nobody has one on Craigslist, there aren't any "for sale" posters around town...meh!  I'm on the hunt!

Yesterday I ate dinner at the Stash with Dad.  He made his own pizza with arugula, goat cheese, mushrooms, truffle oil, roasted red peppers, and asagio cheese. I ordered the "Where's the Beef" with a creamy dijon sauce, figs, red onions, mushrooms, and balsamic vinegar reduction.  As always, amazing!  After dinner I met a bunch of ASC people at the Dogwood bar for girls' night.  It was a really fun night getting to know a bunch of my peers.

Today I met Pat at the Bellvue building to work out my volunteer schedule for the upcoming weeks.  It's looking like I'll be busy for most of the week (yay!).  Afterward, I helped the staff clean, organize, and spruce up the Bellvue in preparation of the ribbon cutting ceremony next week.  It's going to be open to the public for the first time, and everyone is getting excited. :)  Tomorrow I'm going to the post office to help out with registering people for the Bridges of the Butte 24 hour bike ride.

I'm off to go test ride a bike in town now (new, not used), and return my hiking boots.  Luckily I had 5 days to test out my new boots, and return if they don't work.  My heels are still hurting and my right pinky toe is pinched.  Definitely a no-go.  Then it's back home to bake some chocolate chip cookies (thanks, Pintrest!), call Steve, and whatever else I want!  

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you are really settling in up there :) Making friends and getting involved! Yayayaya

    ReplyDelete