Yesterday I drove up Gothic Rd to Schofield pass for a short hike. The hike was a bit stalled due to the patches of snow that still sit across the paths for up to ten feet at a time. Hiking alone on slipper, icy snow next to steep slopes is not my idea of a safe hike. The drive up was gorgeous though, and on my way back down I stopped at a small lake called Emerald lake. I saw a mountain bluebird, a yellow warbler of some kind, and lots of wild flowers. They're all sprouting in preparation for the Wildflower Festival. I met a lovely gal named Marsha who was sitting next to the lake watching a marmot run around and reading a wildflower book. She and her husband are Colorado natives who moved here to open their doctor office. Hopefully I'll bump into her again.
At the end of the day I drove down to the town of Almont to eat dinner with Dad, Michele, and their pup Dillon. It was a wonderful treat complete with steaks, bean salad, and jasmine rice. Thanks for the tasty dinner, guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment