Friday, June 21, 2013

Behind the scenes

Yesterday I was given the opportunity to work behind the scenes helping out the ASC.  I met an instructor named Richard at the Bellvue ASC location in town, and with the help of an intern named Rob we packed the food for a camping trip ASC was hosting today.  We used a checklist of groceries that sounded like a fine dining experience: spaghetti, salad with fresh veggies, a cheese appetizer plate, banana boat desserts, plus snacks and a variety of lunch choices.  It was nice to find that the directors of the ASC opt for quality over price to make their clients happy.

The camping trip is held on a ranch belonging to one of the founders of the ASC, so the clients will be near enough to amenities if need be.  In addition to the campout experience they also had a photography lesson.  The pictures from the trip will be developed and displayed in the Bellvue building on Sunday.  It's a really nice touch, having an open gallery for the participants to display their work and feel a sense of pride. :)  Looking forward to going to the show!

I ended the night eating dinner at the Almont Lodge with Dad and Michele.  I called it an early night to go home and call Steve.  Pretty calm day overall.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment