Monday, June 17, 2013

Fun, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Style

We woke up a bit later today and headed over to the Cherry Creek Farmers Market.   For those of you who haven’t heard, I am a HUGE fan of the shows Unique Eats and Unique Sweets.  Imagine my excitement when one of the unique eats spots happened to have a food truck at the farmer’s market! The Denver Biscuit Company’s food truck offered a bunch of different biscuit sandwiches, but I think Steve ordered the best one.  His included sausage, a sunny side up egg, raspberry jam, and maple syrup sandwiched between halves of a fluffy, perfect biscuit.  I ordered a plain biscuit with strawberry rhubarb jam.  Delicious!  Steve also bought himself an Americano and the world’s larges cinnamon sugar coated pretzel I have ever seen.  I found some tasty looking lavender linguini.  They recommend that I serve it with grilled chicken; I see a cooking project in my future!










At mid day we went to eat at Biker Jim's Gourmet Hotdogs (another Unique Eats recommendation!) I ordered an elk jalepeno cheddar sausage with the "international toppings" which include caramelized apples, a wasabi aioli and shaved Irish cheddar.  Amazingly drool worthy!  Steve ordered a buffalo sausage with caramelized onions and cream cheese.  Also delectable.  Following lunch we headed to a Denver Rockies baseball game.  It was an awesome time; I’d never been to a professional baseball game before.  We had seats along the 3rd baseline, very close to the action.  And bonus! Our seats were located directly behind a very vain couple who, no joke, took over 50 cell phone pictures of themselves. Seriously!  After a while Steve and I were just silently laughing behind them and placing bets on how many more times the chick would pull her phone out for another photo op. Admittedly, we managed to photo-bomb a few of their shots. Amazing!  To top the afternoon off, the Rockies won.







The next stop was inspired by Unique Sweets.  We drove further into downtown to The Shoppe which sells cupcakes, pies, cookies, and ice cream sandwiches (with Sweet Action ice cream!).  They have mini cupcakes, so we ordered a variety including: Lucky Charms, rootbeer float, banana with peanut butter and nutella, honey with strawberry buttercream (the Killa Bee cupcake), and strawberry with jalepeno infused in it (the Waka Flame cupcake).  It was so, for lack of a less obvious description, unique.  Yummy!











We ended the night with a little piece of home.  Littleton, CO has an Alamo Drafthouse theater, so we decided to see the new Superman movie in 3D and dine on one of their signature pizzas.  It was a lovely send-off from my Austin life in a way.  Finally, it was time to hit the hay.  It was an amazing day, but a little bittersweet in the end because it's the last full day I have with Steve for a month.  It's certainly one of the most exciting and simultaneously sad times of my life.  At least I can pacify myself with the fact that he's coming to town for two weeks in July.  Grateful for my love. <3


1 comment:

  1. Seriously, this is the BEST DAY EVER!! Do it again with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete