I'm finally doing it... a bucket list item that can be checked off....I'm going to Crested Butte, CO to volunteer at the Adaptive Sport Center (ASC). I've dreamed of this opportunity since I was 16 years old, and now here I am...in Texas.
First, Mohammed must go to the mountain, no? Well, ditto.
My darling husband Steve has agreed to brave the most boring parts of Texas in order to get me as far as Denver, so that he can then fly back home. True love, that is. <3. And speaking of love, my mother in law, Pam, invited us into her home for a lunch break and free doggie babysitting. grateful doesn't even begin to cover it, Pam! After only a few hours respite we were back on the road, headed for the Texas panhandle.
We've seen the unseeable out there. Like what you may be wondering? Enough religious propaganda to last a lifetime: "HELL or HIS TRUTH?", "Remember 9/11? The worst is yet to come. Do you know HIM?", and my favorite, "Coming soon: JESUS!!! Are you prepared?". Honestly I would have stopped for pictures if I hadn't had such a strong desire to run for the hills. Sorry, readers.
We were pleased to see a few signs that weren't cramming fear down our throats, such a s one that just said "Vote" and another that read, "In Jesus Christ's name just RAIN". I admit I got a kick out of that one. :)
After arriving in Amarillo we rested in our hotel to the best of our abilities...what am I referring to, you may ask? Only the fact that Steve was shot down twice when he tried to buy beer. He did two laps around an Albertsons before finally asking a clerk where they're hiding the beer. Turns out they don't sell any at Albertsons. Strike one! Strike two occurred when he went to the convenience store next to the Albertsons. Are we in a dry county??? Turns out no, he was just looking in the wrong places I guess. Poor guy. He deserved a beer after a day of Sonic tater tots and nonstop driving. Oh well, tomorrow Denver!
No comments:
Post a Comment