Today I decided to hike up to Snodgrass which sits on Washington Gulch Rd, in front of Gothic Mt. It's an easy hike with a couple of hills. It starts off in a field of lupines, and travels upwards into an aspen grove. It goes steadily upward until it reaches an overlook facing Mt. Crested Butte. The trail continues over to Gothic Rd. It took me a couple of hours to complete since I kept stopping for pictures. :) I ran into a woman, Laurie, who works at the Mountain Grocer shop in town. She was no a quick hike before going to work. That's my idea of a good day!
I ended the day with a quick bite at the Ginger Cafe (Tom Ka Gai soup and lamb biriani), a stop at the shoe store for better hiking boots, and then off to play Ultimate frisbee. :) Here's a video of part of the game, courtesy of my dad who came to watch.
Okay, so honestly. While hiking...did you ever have that Bill-Bryson-oh-my-god-what-was-that-noise-??-was-it-a-bear??? Looking for a light bite? Hahahaha :D Seriously, I still can't hike alone--you go girl!
ReplyDeleteOh definitely! There's always an "Oh sh*t, what was that?!" moment when I hike alone, lol!
ReplyDelete