Friday, July 5, 2013

Reasons to celebrate

I have many reasons to celebrate these past few days.  I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but I have a mountain bike that's been good to me so far.  I rode it on an "easy" trail called the Lower Loop.  This trail follows Peanut Lake, located just outside of town, and then along the Slate River.  I took a few pictures from my first ride.  Sorry I didn't take more, I just didn't feel like stopping to take out my camera.  The majority of the ride was nice and calm, intermittently interrupted by "Oh SH*T!" moments.  I only feared for my life once, thankfully. ;)  Further details of my ride include two mule deer, two mountain bluebirds, a red-winged blackbird, a marmot, and many, many wildflowers.  Look for the deer in the Slate River in one of my shots!





The next day was the fourth of July.  I went downtown for the parade...along with every other soul in CB. :)  It was a happenin' place, I must say.  The floats were awesome, the people were excited, and there was even a section for food carts afterward.  I got some ice cream from the Third Bowl again; this time it was two flavors: Peach Pie (OMG!) and Honey-Lavender (OMG, OMG!).  Combined it was the most perfect ice cream experience I have ever had in my entire life.  Not kidding. :D  Enjoy the parade pictures and keep scrolling down for the third celebration...
































































































 











 



















And finally, my third reason to celebrate: the ASC's grand opening of the Adaptive Building (I've been referring to it as the Bellvue building up until this point).  We had a bbq and live music before the ribbon cutting ceremony.  It was nice to be a part of it. Here's some pics from the day:



















This is a stunt float from the fourth of July parade...for some reason I can't get the video to sit with the parade pictures..oh well, enjoy it anyway! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment